January 6, 2007

Five(ish) Things I'd Like to Know About You

I feel so honored. I have been tagged by Keith Plummer who was tagged by David Wayne with a meme request. A bit of background, a meme, according to Wikipedia, "refers to a unit of cultural information transferable from one mind to another." Supposedly the term was originally coined by Richard Dawkins. Even still, continue reading so that I can participate in this transferring of information from one mind to another.

1) What's the most fun work you've ever done, and why? (two sentences max)

Graduate school was the best....I had such an incredible time interacting with the professors and other students who were interested in similar concepts and ideas. I really grew tremendously at TEDS - intellectually, relationally, and in my faith.

2) A. Name one thing you did in the past that you no longer do but wish you did? (one sentence max)

Have small children.

B. Name one thing you've always wanted to do but keep putting it off? (one sentence max)

Getting a Ph.D.

3) A. What two things would you most like to learn or be better at, and why? (two sentences max)

I'd like to be a better piano player because I love music.

I'd like to be a better trumpet player because I get such a kick out of playing and I'd play more often.

B. If you could take a class/workshop/apprentice from anyone in the world living or dead, who would it be and what would you hope to learn? (two more sentences, max)

I'd like to be Nancy Pearcey's apprentice because of the incredible depth of knowledge I would learn from her. It would be like being one step away from Francis Schaeffer and two steps from Cornelius Van Til. :)

4) A. What three words might your best friends or family use to describe you?

Smart
Ambitious
Determined

B. Now list two more words you wish described you...

Smart
Thin

5) What are your top three passions? (can be current or past, work, hobbies, or causes-- three sentences max)

Engagement of bioethics/life issues in writing, teaching, presentations, and anywhere else.

Bringing rigorous theological reflection to the women's ministry culture.
Engaging extreme feminism.

6) (sue me) Write--and answer--one more question that YOU would ask someone (with answer in three sentences max)

Why can't the "evangelical left" just stay in the "evangelical right" and engage the social/justice issues that those on the "evangelical right" are accused of neglecting? I think the answer is because the "evangelical left" prefers to undermine the the "evangelical right" - it's all a power-grab.

[Bonus: What is one question you wish people would ask themselves?]

Why do I believe that? (Sorry Keith, that's my question as well. :)

Now that you know some other things about me, I've chosen to tag these 5 friends:

Collin Brendemuehl (and for those of you who don't know, Collin is my brother.)

Karen Corlew

Ashley

Bonnie

Atlantic

1 comment:

Unknown said...

[Bonus: What is one question you wish people would ask themselves?]

Why not 2 k? ;)