March 23, 2008

The Joy in the Wise

I had a terrific time in church this Resurrection Sunday, but an even more delightful time with the young ladies I sat with in Sunday school. Ok, they weren't young, they were old enough to be my grandmothers. But they made me feel young - not because they're so much older, but because they were so engaged in the class and friendly with me. I was instantly drawn to them, not because one was hanging on my arm and not because one of them preferred to talk over the Sunday school teacher to chat with me at one point. What I saw in these ladies was character and wisdom that I can only hope to emulate when I am their age. They wanted it all.....to grow in the love and knowledge of God, develop a new relationship, engage their intellect, contribute in the classroom, and discover new ideas.. These were not 2 little ladies who were interested in keeping a couple of seats warm, they wanted a meaningful participation in the activities of the congregation. Praise God for these strong women of faith! I look forward to spending more time with them in the future, I'll keep you posted.

No comments: