March 10, 2008

Oprah on "Christ's Consciousness"



I don't believe Jesus came to start Christianity. ~ Oprah Winfrey
If you go deep enough in your religion you'll all get to the same place. ~ Eckart Tolle
I am a Christian who believes that there are certainly many more paths to God other than Christianity. ~Oprah Winfrey
Oprah's pop spirituality is alive and well in the homes of vulnerable young mothers, homemakers, retired women...and if there's a DVR in the house, she can be viewed after work, too. I urge you to spend a few bucks on Eckhart Tolle's A New Earth: Awakening Your Life's Purpose and examine the worldview for yourself and engage her audience. Oprah demonstrates clearly in this video that reason is not the basis for her embrace of religious pluralism, but I think your neighbors are probably smarter than Oprah. Buy the book and discuss it in your book discussion groups, equipping each other to engage others who are reading it.

HT: Sharon Hughes

3 comments:

Admin said...

Boy oh boy! That's all I can say.

Fortunately for me, I have had a supernatural awakening through Christ that is real enough, and have cultivated a relationship with God and studied his word enough to see through what she expresses on the video.

Sorry you haven't had that Oprah.

Bill Reichart said...

Thanks for your post, I listened to Oprah's first webinar with Tolle's new book, A New Earth, and I posted on how Oprah has transcended from talk show host to uber-evangelist.

you can go to my blog Provocative Church to get the link for the article:

http://www.provocativechurch.com/2008/03/is-oprah-next-billy-graham.html

Duke said...

Peace be with the reader.
I have just written a short message entitled: Consciousness Gurus"
The message can be found
on the index page of the Believers Information Network.