January 1, 2007

New Year's Resolutions

A common belief heard the last few days is that few people keep New Year's Resolutions, so why make them? I tend to agree with that wisdom, but still.....I'm going for it. The following is my list of changes I need to make in 2007. I share these with you at the end of the day, January 1, just because I wanted to see if I could keep them for one day. I did, though skeptics might say the day is not over.

1. Eat healthy. Well....for what I can afford to keep in the house, I didn't do too bad today. We need more fruit in the house, though.
2. Exercise. Yep, I walked a mile and made use of my abdominal crunching device. Not bad.
3. Make more money. I yearn for financial freedom and would love to be able to not only pay off that car and some student loans, but to be able to support myself as a speaker/writer. As of yesterday, the possibilities are immense. Visit www.sarahflashingdesigns.com. Support a designer. Save the World!

The key with New Year's Resolutions is that they ought not be lofty. So instead of declaring that I'm going to lose those 50 lbs, I'm just going to treat myself well and not eat the stuff that kills. I'll keep you posted. :)

No comments: