November 19, 2006

Being "DOERS" of the Word. . . Instead of Just "KNOWERS"

"Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice of between what is right and what is easy."

I been a bit under the weather recently and haven't had it in me to blog. Not a bad time really - much was spent in contemplation and rest - and that is just what I needed - both physically, mentally, and spiritually.

I didn't read as much as I usually do - instead I was thinking about how much stuff I know in my head that never really makes it to my hands and feet. How I crave to know MORE. . . Why is that - when I don't act on what I already know? I'd like to believe that I have been accumulating more knowledge in hopes that I will find the new stuff helpful in activating the old stuff. But, trust me, that is not the case.

Instead, I realized that I found some of the old stuff just too pickin' hard - so I was reading in hopes of finding some new, much easier truth to live out.

The quote at the beginning of this blog was from a kid's movie I was watching - it's why it caught me off guard. . . and got me thinking about what I SHOULD be doing.

The recent elections, the upcoming elections, the war in Iraq, overturning Roe v Wade, euthanasia, infanticide, embryonic stem cell research - destroying what used to be defined as "human" under the banner of a selfish science, famines, AIDS, the aftermath of Katrina - these are a part of the world we live in, the world we are all responsible for. . .

"Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice of between what is right and what is easy."

No comments: