October 12, 2006

"It's part of being a decent human. . . "

Gosh, there are so many ways to finish that sentence - like, donating blood, reading to invalids, supporting Katrina relief victims, calling
9-1-1 for someone in need, providing food, water, shelter for homeless families, investing in a tutoring program for children. . . the list could go on and on.

Scarlett Johansson was quoted in The Seattle Times on Wednesday as saying "I get tested for HIV twice a year. . . It's part of being a decent human, to be tested for STDs."

Wow!!!

She said "These does seem to be a mistaken belief out there that I am sexually available somehow - which is not to say that I'm not open-minded about sex. . . I do think on some basic level we are animals, and by instinct we kind of breed accordingly. . . But as much as I believe that, I work really hard when I'm in a relationship to make it work in a monogamous way."

I don't know. . . call me old fashioned. . . I kinda of believe in the gift of sex and monogamy - like in matrimony - a human institution. I think not having any reason to be tested for STDs is the better part of being a decent human. The kind of decent human who isn't breeding according to animal instincts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

> "I do think on some basic level we are animals, and by instinct we kind of breed accordingly."

Why do I have the suspicion that "breed" is not exactly the right wword for the activity Ms Johansson is referring to...?